• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  87
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Windows

Hello my name is Mark and i want to warn you guys.

Gambling is a lot of fun, and the games are challenging you to win, and thats all good and fun for the first few times you deposit 10 or 20 euro, but there will be a big problem after you do this. You will deposit more.

I want to tell you my store and how my situation is right now, i am on this moment broke.. i thought i could win the  money, but i didn't. I'm here now explaining how it feels to lose everything and how to think on how to spend the money on food and bills.

DO NOT USE YOUR MONEY ON SLOTS AND THINK YOU CAN WIN!

This is a big disclaimer. I thought i could win it back but i lost it all, and now i'm having to spend every cent to keep spending it on bills.. i'm so stupid, dumb and don't even read my own tips. You know why? Because i drink, and then something inside me says... oh let's go man, just 10 euro, that 10 turns into 200 and bye bye grocery money. 

Stop doing this guys, don't be like me.. don';t be a stupid person. Just gamble with the money you CAN spend, and not the money you SHOULD spend. 

Please be careful, i will recover in a few months,. but this hurts. A lot. for me. 

Look out, don't be like me. 

Thanks

• Like 2

• Member ID:  25,551
  • Group:  Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  53
  • Days Won:  2
  • Device:  Macintosh

take care mate and thanks for giving advice, i think it is a thing that more people (including myself) sometimes are struggling with.

• 4 weeks later...

• Member ID:  27,261
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  2

Hi, I am new with gambling stuff. I was invited by a friend, I think all of addiction can be cure. It is called addiction meaning you have became addicted with it, and you can't stop yourself to do such things. I've been addicted once in my life, but I overcome it by having control to my emotions, to myself, to my own personal choice. Everything we are doing is our choice, now if it's your choice to stop, Then stop, if you want to continue go on just always remember that you have a control to yourself, to your emotions and to your decisions. There might be a time that you will feel that you can't do this, you can't do that but reality check. It is just your brain and you have a power over your mind. So I know somehow you can change the habit and throw away your addiction in something. 

• Member ID:  27,281
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  7

You are right, as an experienced player I must also say that you need to be careful when playing slots. It is very important to keep your mental health well, always keep a clear head and understand that this is a game. You need to learn to control your passion so as not to lose a lot. Take care of yourself and play responsibly!

• 10 months later...

• Member ID:  29,749
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  10

Hi Mark, thanks for sharing your experience. Many come to the games for different reasons and so their eagerness depends on that reason in some cases. But of course it is dangerous when it already affects finances and we take money out of commitments to continue gambling, whether they are household responsibilities or others. But look at that analogy. "The addiction therapies for gambling addiction are full of people who lose, because there are no winners in these group therapies". 

The important thing is to recognize where we fail and correct, good luck and I hope you are better, the games are not harmful, it is harmful the particularity that each person takes.